Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What I've been up to (part 1)

Yesterday John got on a plane for Nicaragua yesterday from Boston. He arrived safely. Friday, I should get to see my women. They're coming in on the train. Here's some of the things Johnbo and I have seen on the way to and around Connecticut. Cuba, MO. This is a cool little town with an idea any little town could copy for the sake of tourism. Get a resident to paint murals everywhere and call yourself the "City of Murals." I took a bunch of pictures of this place and if you want, I'll send them to you. Just ask.
We met up with my cousin Sean at the ballpark formerly known as "The Jake" in Cleveland and saw the Indians take on the Texas Rangers. I'd list the current name of the ballpark but I'm not getting residuals from the sponsor.
Seeing the "sites" at Springfield Armory, NHP in Springfield, MA. New England was big with weapon development - never realized that before. This is a cool park for those with military minds. Actually Samuel Colt could have been my neighbor if it was 150 years ago and I lived a little to the north of where I am living this summer in Hartford, CT. (To make it too clear: I'm living in Wethersfield, CT. Hartford is north of Wethersfield. I'm indicating that if I lived a little north of where I live that I'd be in Hartford, and thus, Samuel Colt's neighbor)

More to come...

No comments: