Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What I've been up to (part 2)

This is the giant cross in Groom, TX - the biggest cross in the western hemisphere - a potential computer desktop background for the religious minded.
No, Johnbo didn't actually get in the pond. But those are the ducks of the Joplin, MO KOA outside of our Kamping Kabin. The ducks were great. They greeted us like my schnauzer Binga does but in an avian way of course.
Another inspirational computer desktop photo. This statue is of George Washington Carver as a boy taken at George Washington Carver National Historic Site near Joplin, MO. The woods behind him are where he lived and studied nature when growing up. Now all you need is a recording of the sounds of a brook and that's a whole bunch of nature there for you. Next thing you know you're going be all peaceful and coming up with hundreds of uses for all kinds of things too.
This is Eli Whitney's grave in New Haven, CT. Eli Whitney deserves his own National Historic Site if you ask me. His grave at the Grove Street Cemetery in New Haven, CT is about the best you can do. His museum in New Haven doesn't even have all that much on him - it's a kids summer camp. The cotton gin was a HUGE invention that changed the nation and the world and he made next-to-nothing for it.
Here I'm holding my rubber shoe next to the grave of Charles Goodyear. I'm saying, "Thanks, Charles, for the rubber things I use like the tires on my truck and the shoe."

Continued...

No comments: