Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What I've been up to (part 3)

So we saw the Mets play the Rangers. You'd swear I was a diehard Rangers fan from the way I've been seeing them lately.

They're going to tear down Shea Stadium after this season. The Mets are going to play in Citi Field, the stadium going up in the background. This is pathetic. Especially the name of the place. No matter how good the new ballpark, in a few years fans of opposing teams are going to call it "Shitty Field." I'm no comedy genius and I can see that. If you've got to have a sponsor for your field, pick a sponsor that you can't make fun of so effortlessly. If the Mets play .500 ball, then they're going to say, "The Mets are playing shitty like their field." And so on.

I hope Citibank is giving the Mets lots and lots of $$$. They're going to need it. Citi. . . shitty . . . it's all about a mindset.

Now that I've been there, take it from me that Shea is a perfectly good stadium. But what I really can't understand is why the Yankees are tearing down Yankee Stadium. That's the House Ruth Built.

1 comment:

dollfin said...

Awesome!!! Nice way to spend the summer. When do you return to Tucson?